Chapter 4 is entitled “Times of Refreshing.” This Chapter is Lesson/Episode: 6 in the“AWAKEN! Video Equipping Series.” The time is now for our nation. America needs a fresh touch from the Master’s redemptive and gracious hand.
Times of Refreshing
According to AWAKEN, “Wherever the Lord is that’s where we need to be. When we sincerely enter God’s presence through the medium of sincere prayer, God will show up. And when the Lord shows up things will change.
“Orr identifies this change as ‘times of refreshing.’ It is refreshing when we spend time in the presence of the Lord in sincere awakening prayer. Sincere awakening prayer is focused on seeking the Lord for revival and spiritual awakening. Prayer in its meekest form is simply practicing the spiritual discipline of abiding in Him. Jesus says, “Abide in Me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in Me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from Me you can do nothing” (John 15:4-5, NRSV), (AWAKEN! p.24).
ANSWER AND RESPOND:
- Why do you believe it is necessary for Christians to abide in Christ?
- Is it possible to abide in Christ and not be refreshed? Explain, why or why not?
- When did you decide to truly abide in Christ? Explain.
- What does it mean for you to experience times of refreshing?
- How does spending time with God in prayer enhance one’s ability to experience refreshing?
- What do you believe that you need to change today in order to experience true refreshing?
- AWAKEN! Ignited by the Power of Prayer is impossible if one fails to deal with one’s sin. Therefore, can unconfessed and unrepentant sin evaporate times of refreshing? Tell, why or why not?
Blessings Upon You!
Comments are closed